Thursday, November 7, 2019

Final Commercial Blog

       After all the hard work and effort put in to this project, we’ve finally reached the end. Today my group mates and I were all here for this process. I took notes previously in class about how to access the files once we’ve dumped them from before. I reviewed my notes and we logged into the laptop. We later realized we’d logged into the wrong account because we couldn’t access the files though that account. I told the group we had to log out and log in through the account we’d originally dumped the files on to. I then reviewed my notes on my phone where I stored the log in information and we were able to log in and access the files at that time. We then took out our notes to review on how to edit. I showed them, my group mates, where we left off because one of us was doing majority of the edits. This was while I used the story board to keep us on track.
       The problem we had at first was that nothing would cut. We were told that we had to be under 30 seconds but the minimum was 25 seconds. Since one of  my group mates was the one doing majority of the editing, this time I decided to do the edits. As I mentioned before, we have minor difficulties cutting footage. However, I realized that we can delete footage as a whole instead of cutting it. I decided to highlight and delete what I needed to cut. This happened several times because we kept having to remind ourselves we had to stay within the time frame. The time was 30.12 seconds. I believed it had to be 30 seconds flat as the maximum so I had to keep cutting and deleting small amounts of footage to stay within the count. We also realized we had to keep the words in footage exactly as they were in the story board. So I told them we can just edit extra parts. Such as pauses or times of no action necessary for our footage. This was necessary to stay within the time frame and still be able to be accurate with the story board.
        In the end, the time was 29 seconds and that was just enough. We ended up staying about 20 minutes after the bell because we didn’t want to lose the footage. We didn’t see it when we tried to open it in google drive or in One drive. Eventually we decided to just upload the footage to our individual google drive accounts. Then we were finished

No comments:

Post a Comment