Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing the commercial

   Last class I recorded scenes for our commercial. I then blogged our filming process afterward and dumped the footage. The plan for the next class (today) was to edit and continue filming if necessary. But due to unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to edit today in class. The computers aren’t allowing us to access pinnacle studios and have it work fully. So instead of editing, I was given the chance to either upload the footage we dumped to a usb, or upload it to google drive. Being that in the beginning of the commercial process I was told to create a google account if we didn’t already have a professional one, this part was easy.
    One of my group members wasn’t present today in class so we had to do this part ourselves. My other group mates and I decided to save the footage on our drives. I reviewed the footage separately and then we logged into our individual accounts and uploaded the files. To ensure that I would be able to access the files later I said we should close all the tabs on the computer. I closed them and then logged back in and searched for the files. They were there and this was proof that we’d successfully uploaded the footage. 
      Pinnacle studios isn’t working for some reason so unfortunately as I stated before, we are unable to edit. I was looking forward to editing today. I was taught so much about it and I took notes on how to do this. We will have to wait until our school upgrades their software or the computers are fixed. Hopefully this process doesn’t take long because I have a dentist appointment I rescheduled because I didn’t want to miss class. Me even missing one class would delay the commercial process and then i’d be behind on a blog. I may just go later this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment