Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming the commercial

      My part in this process was to provide my group with the props needed for the assignment.  The camera didn’t have a memory card to I told my partner to just go back and ask what we should do. This was a good thing because I wasn’t aware that we needed one. We got the card and then I started setting up the first scene we were going to shoot. I helped create the story board for the film and although my group members did take part in the idea creating process, it was primarily my job to provide illustrations for the ideas we created for the film. That all came together in this part when we started to get our lines together. I explained the story board to my group mates and then I set up the props to match the pictures I’d drawn on the story board. This part of the process was easier than others because all I had to do was copy the picture exactly. After I set everything up, I was helping them decide which angle to shoot from because of the availability and lighting.
     There wasn’t light in every area and I was playing the part of a crew worker so my identification tag had to show and I wanted them to get both of us in this shot. We had to re shoot certain scenes over because either I was talking to fast or we forgot our lines. That is when the story board came in handy and I went to explain it again to have us match the pictures. Eventually we got it together. I took bloopers on my phone to show my group mates how we look from a different point of view. I brought back all the props and gave them to one of my groom mates to keep until they were needed again. 
    When it came time to dump the footage we were all confused for a bit of time. Being that in the beginning we didn’t have a memory card, I had to show them how to take out the card and get the SD card reader. I put it into the computer and then after my group mate used her login to open the computer to the desk top I opened a new folder. This was to empty the footage onto and review it. We did delete some footage because it was basically unnecessary so we just got rid of it. We were about to leave but I wanted to make sure the footage was properly dumped so I unplugged the USB and then looked for the file. It wasn’t there so I told my group mates to ask another individual in our class for assistance. He came over to us and then he helped us dump the footage properly. I then logged the computer out and we left the class a bit late but it was worth it to complete our first stage of filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment